The Association International Initiatives for Cooperation, IIC is a newly established organization founded by persons concerned by strengthening the civil society in Bulgaria and in the Mesta region. The organisation deals with different activities linked to :
- Participation of local community in the local governance and the decision making process;
- Social and economic development of the country and the target region;
- Support to vulnerable groups;
- Development of education and culture;
- Equal opportunities and ethnic integration;
- Conflict resolution;
- Environment protection etc.
IIC is particularly focused in developing and implementing social, cultural and youth projects and initiatives, including research and analyses. IIC is currently developing projects under programs such as Leonardo da Vinci, Culture, Youth, Open Society and others. The Association is also a member of the EURODESK Programme for exchanging youth information. IIC is the Head of the Bulgarian national network of the Euro Mediterranean Anna Lindh Foundation for Dialogue between Cultures aiming at promoting intercultural dialogue and co-existence among people of the two Mediterranean shores. As head of the Anna Lindh Foundation (ALF) Bulgarian network, IIC cooperates closely and realises projects in partnership with other representatives of the 42 ALF national networks realising youth exchanges, festivals as well as other artistic and cultural events.